Benefits of a Home Warranty
What is a home warranty?
A home warranty is a service contract that covers the repair or replacement of home systems and appliances.
Why do you need a home warranty?
Your home is most likely one of your biggest investments. Unexpected repair or replacement costs can easily strain your budget. Plus, finding a qualified professional to solve your problem can be stressful and inconvenient. A home warranty cannot prevent systems or appliances from breaking down, but it can help make covered repairs or replacement quicker and less costly.
Stewart and American Home Shield (AHS) have partnered to offer you comprehensive home warranty protection.
Your home is probably your most valuable asset, which is why you protect it with a home warranty.
Affordable coverage that could save you hundreds of dollars
Homeowners spend an average of $900 each year to repair home systems and appliances1. The cost for just one appliance or systems repair can range from $65 to $20001, and replacement costs average $1,319. 2
- With Stewart Home Warranty, you reduce the risk of these high costs.
- Whether you're selling or buying, you benefit from the financial protection of a Stewart Home Warranty
- You pay a low trade service call fee for covered repairs or replacements
- The affordable Stewart Home Warranty cost you pay now can help protect you from many budget-breaking, covered repair expenses later
Sensible protection against unexpected repair costs
Your home systems and appliances won't last forever. In fact, the average life expectancy of nine critical home systems and appliances is 13 years, and the likelihood of failure in a given year is 68 percent.1 You can help protect yourself against many of these financial risks with a Stewart Home Warranty, which:
- Covers most home systems and appliances
- Pays for repair or replacement of any covered item that breaks down due to normal wear and tear
- Can save you much of the expense, time and frustration of dealing with unexpected covered repairs
Stewart Home Warranty through AHS is the right choice in case things go wrong
- AHS founded the home warranty industry in 1971 and today covers more homes than any other provider
- AHS is a ServiceMaster Company, America's leading provider of service brands for residential and commercial customers
1 Home Repair and Remodel, Marshall & Swift LP, 2004.
2 Marshall & Swift LP, 2005.